This Policy and Procedure applies to all areas of Reflections Community Support including Service Users, Employees, Volunteers, Trainees and Visitors.
- Customer Comments
- Customer Compliments
- Customer Complaints
- Complaint Reporting
- Complaint Handling and Control
- Unresolved Complaints
- Overview of Complaints
Reflections Community Support (RCS) is committed to providing a high standard of service delivery to all our service users, employees, volunteers, trainees and visitors to ensure that their experience of Reflections Community Support is a valued one. Where either an issue of service, quality, availability or general environment problem does not meet the expectations or requirements of our service users a consistent or thorough response needs to be initiated with decisions/actions to prevent any re-occurrences.
This Policy and Procedure has been established to ensure that all comments, complaints and compliments are reported to a central point, monitored and recorded in a standard format and that all complaints if necessary will be investigated by the Registered Manager who is responsible for closely monitoring and reviewing all complaints thoroughly to ensure a satisfactory conclusion is achieved.
The Registered Manager is also responsible for producing an annual analysis of comments, complaints and compliments received, to present to the Director.
Reflections Community Support believes that if a Service user or an employee wishes to make a comment, complaint or compliment, they should find it easy to do so. It is our policy to welcome comments, complaints & compliments and looks upon them as an opportunity to learn, adapt, improve and provide better services. This policy is intended to ensure that comments, complaint and compliments are acknowledged, dealt with properly and are taken seriously.
Reflections Community Support believes that failure to listen to or acknowledge complaints will lead to an aggravation of problems, service users dissatisfaction and possible litigation. Reflections Community Support continues to support the concept that complaints, if dealt with early, openly and honestly can be sorted between the complainant and the organisation.
The aim of this Policy is to ensure that its Comments, Complaints and Compliments procedure is properly and effectively implemented and that both service users and employees feel confident that their comments, complaints and compliments are recognised, acknowledged, listened to and acted upon promptly and fairly where required and if appropriate.
- Service Users and Employees and their representatives are aware of how to make comments, complaints and compliments and that Reflections Community Support provides easy to use opportunities for them to register these.
- The Registered Manager is responsible for the administration of the Procedure.
- Every written complaint is acknowledged within 48 hours of receipt of the complaint and the investigation commenced within 5 working days.
- All complaints are responded to by email and or in writing by the responsible qualified team member to whom the case is assigned to.
- Comments and complaints are dealt with promptly, fairly, sensitively with due regard to the worry and upset that they can cause to both service users and employees.
- All complaints are monitored quarterly and trends are analysed to identify areas for service improvement.
Reflections Community Support has also produced a Guidance for Service Users wanting to make a complaint which guides you through the whole process and explains your right to complain, how to make a complaint, who can help you make a complaint, what support is available, what you should consider prior to making a complaint and what to do if you are not happy with the outcome.
This Procedure describes the actions to be taken by Reflections Community Support when there are positive or negative views or improvement suggestions from service users, employees or their representatives.
Definition of a comment: a remark, observation or criticism that may require immediate action but does not require a full investigation.
Lets us know your thoughts on what we could do better. The Registered Manager records the details of all comments, complaints and compliments received to a central Register and then pass them on to the Department concerned so that they can look at how improvements can be made.
Lets us know when we are getting things right. Any compliment received is shared with the relevant Department.
If the compliment is about an individual staff member they are then informed by email or in writing by the Registered Manager and a copy of the compliment and letter is stored in their Personnel File.
Compliments can help us share good practice and improve services.
Definition of a Complaint: An expression of dissatisfaction, whether verbal or written, and whether justified or not and which requires further investigation
- If you verbally receive a formal complaint, complete the RCS-CCC Form and submit along with any supporting documentation.
- If you receive a complaint through email or letter, please email the Registered Manager to inform him of the complaint and send the original documents in internal mail.
- Please report the complaint by submitting the RCS-CCC Form and email the day you receive it and forward any documentation by internal mail the same working day too.
- All formal complaints should be forwarded to the Registered Manager in this way.
- As a minimum if available the email details should include :
1. Date of Complaint
2. Name, Address, Email address and Telephone Number of the complainant
3. Name of staff who is reporting the complaint
4. Brief overview of the nature of the complaint
5. The RCS-CCC Form should be completed fully with a full description of the complaint.
Complaint Handling and Control
- On receipt of the RCS-CCC Form along with the email and any supporting documentation the Registered Manager will review and complete appropriate sections of the RCS-CCC Form (if relevant) and then update the Complaints Register. The Complaints Register is kept on the Reflections Community Support Internal Drive of the server and details:
- Date of Complaint
- Area within site where complaint/issue occurred
- Type of Complaint
- Name of Complainant and contact details
- Within the next working day of notification of the complaint the Registered Manager will review the complaint and if necessary discuss with the relevant Department and will appoint someone to investigate the complaint fully and impartially.
- An acknowledgement email or letter will be sent out within 48hours from the Registered Manager to the complainant acknowledging receipt of their complaint and informing them that an Investigation (if relevant) will be carried out.
- If the complaint can be answered without further investigation the Registered Manager will respond to the complainant having discussed the issue if necessary with the relevant Department.
- The outcome of the investigation or response is logged on the Complaints Register and the complaint is closed after 7 days if no further correspondence received.
- If, at any time the complainant is unhappy with an investigation of the complaint or the response, the complaint shall be referred to the relevant Registered Manager in the first instance.
- In the event that the complainant is still unhappy, the complaint will be passed directly to the Director for further investigation and review. The Director acts as the final arbiter for any complaints received
- All correspondence shall be attached to the original complaint and filed by the Registered Manager.
- A copy of the response email and or letter will be sent to the Director.
Overview of Complaints
- All complaints are subject to trend analysis and shall be measured by the Registered Manager on a quarterly basis and reported to the Director annually.
- The Compliance Manager reviews all complaints to ensure that any corrective and correction actions taken are appropriate and effective.
- The Director reviews all complaints annually and report any actions, updates or further actions to the Registered Manager.
Reflections Community Support strives to ensure equality of opportunity for all, both as an employer and a provider of services. This policy has therefore been equality impact assessed by the Director and Registered Manager to ensure fairness and consistency for all those covered by it regardless of their individual differences.
Reviewed & updated: March 2021